Friday, January 08, 2010

"We are going magical now, folks."











Here are some articles and photos relating to The Beatles' television production, Magical Mystery Tour, which I think was brilliant and way ahead of its time for television in 1967. MMT is a psychedelic dadaist masterpiece, which flew directly over the heads of the Boxing Day viewers who were probably expecting a more straight-forward Christmas special. And then there was the problem of it airing in black and white...

I'm sure many fans, such as myself, would love a deluxe DVD edition with at least some of the almost 10 hours of cut footage included as a bonus. I'd especially love to see the Spencer Davis Group segment.

3 comments:

Pip said...

These are some awesome pictures - thanks for sahring! From one music fan to another, I would love it if you'd check out my blog at http://myrandommusiccourney.blogspot.com. It's new and I'm lonely on my journey! :-)

changemyworld said...

these are really quality scans, thanks so much

love-up-you said...

Marquise Formen sind auch beliebte Wahl thomas sabo 2010 mit Überlänge und Spitzen. Discount Hochzeit Schmuck ist nicht immer thomas sabo online shop eine einfache Entscheidung. Stellen Sie sich vor Ihrem thomas sabo uhren großen Tag steht vor der Tür und du steckst fest, was mit Accessorize. Sollten Sie ohrringe creolen Ihren alten Schmuck? Leihen Sie etwas? Oder verbringen Sie ein kleines Vermögen, damit Sie thomas sabo armketten gut aussehen auf Ihrem Hochzeitstag?